Sales Tax & Exemptions

We are required by law to charge sales tax in most states. Even though most of our products qualify for tax exemptions when purchased for farm use, sales tax is collected unless we have a current and active "sales tax exemption certificate" on file for your account. We cannot refund sales tax once the sale is processed on the website, but you may be able to request a refund directly from your state’s taxing authority.

To become exempt from sales tax on qualified items, please fill out the online form

If you have any difficulty with this form please contact us at 866-609-1260.




There's a lot of new laws concerning sales tax.


Over the past year, there have been changes to the sales tax laws in most states. The biggest change is that most online purchases are now taxable. Since most of the products All States Ag Parts sells are exempt when used for farming, we thought we'd let you know how you can remain tax-exempt when ordering on our website. Here's some information to help keep you exempt from sales tax.









I'm a farmer, I thought I didn't have to pay sales tax on farming equipment.


You're correct! You don't! Most products sold by All States Ag Parts are exempt from sales tax when they are purchased for use in agricultural operations. Products that qualify for sales tax exemptions vary by state, with Alabama and South Dakota being notable exceptions to sales tax exemptions on ag machinery and parts.




I haven't paid sales tax on previous purchases, why the change?


In 2018, the Supreme Court ruled that states can require remote sellers to collect and remit sales tax on purchases being shipped into the state. All sellers are collecting and remitting sales tax on internet orders.




How do I file for tax-exempt status with All States Ag Parts?


It's easy. We just need to have a completed Sales Tax Exemption certificate on file for you or your company. Complete the certificate online (instructions below) and you immediately become tax-exempt on qualifying products. Really, it doesn't take long!




To register a sales tax exemption certificate online.


1. Click here


2. Log In or create an account.


3. The tax exemption form will open automatically. It will be blank if you do not have a certificate on file.  If you have a certificate already on file, the information will be displayed.


4. Complete the certificate. (Note: Texas residents are required to include their exemption number. This is optional for residents of other states.)


5. Sign the document using your cursor as a pen.


6. Submit the certificate.




By submitting your certificate, you then become tax exempt on eligible products. This is why buying parts from us, as opposed to a big online retailer, is beneficial; you won't be able to do that with a large site like Amazon. We are always here to serve you, in any way we can, especially when it comes to saving you money!